Join me in supporting GlobeMed!
We invite you to join the Host Committee for GlobeMed’s Global Health Summit Honorary Keynote, Lives For Health and Hope. The event will be held on Northwestern University’s campus in Evanston, IL, at Alice Millar Chapel on Friday evening, April 13, 2012.
This year’s Honorary Keynote, Lives For Health and Hope, will celebrate the critical work of two extraordinary women’s rights advocates: Pamela Barnes, corporate leader, former CEO of Elizabeth Glasier Pediatric AIDS Foundation and current CEO of EngenderHealth, and Pamela Angwech, Ugandan human rights activist, survivor of one of the world’s worst humanitarian crises, and visionary community leader.
On April 13, we will have the opportunity to bring them face to face to share their stories of vision, resilience and impact. We invite you to join us in honoring these two dynamic women who are transforming the health of millions of women living in poverty.
As an individual member of the Honorary Keynote Host Committee with a contribution starting at $100, we are thrilled to offer you
- 10 reserved seats at the Keynote Address (more may be available upon request)
- Invitation with guest to the preceding Keynote Reception (more may be available upon request)
- Guest passes to all Summit sessions throughout the weekend
- Individual recognition in print materials
For foundations and organizations, with a contribution starting at $250, additional benefits include
- Keynote Address and Keynote Reception tickets and guest passes reserved for your members
- Publicity in all Summit-related print and marketing materials
- Website and Online Social Media Visibility reaching 46 university campuses and upwards of 30,000 viewers. (Viewers include students across the country, Evanston and Chicago residents, global health leaders, non-profit organizations, and Northwestern staff & faculty.)
Individuals and organizations who generously contribute $1,000 or more will be verbally recognized at the Honorary Keynote and preceding Keynote Reception.
All contributions will directly support the work of GlobeMed, a national 501(c)(3) nonprofit that has grown from a single chapter at Northwestern University to 46 campuses nation-wide since 2007. Over the past five years, GlobeMed has mobilized over 2,000 students to raise $600,000 for more than 150 health projects around the world.
This year’s GlobeMed Summit is our 6th Annual conference, bringing together hundreds of university students from across the country for three days of intensive lectures and workshops with global health leaders. Previous Summits have featured luminaries including Paul Farmer, Joseph Amon, Stephen Lewis, Joia Mukherjee, and Nils Daulaire, to address the greater Chicago community.
Please consider joining me in becoming a member of the 2012 Honorary Keynote Host Committee. Your support will be crucial in making this event possible.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Jobi Cates, GlobeMed Board Member
Brian Hanson, GlobeMed Board Chair
Maya Cohen, GlobeMed Executive Director
(For more information on the Honorary Keynote, please visit http://www.globemed.org/blog/posts/announcing-the-2012-summit-honorary-keynote-a-conversation-with-pamela-barn/)
Join the Conversation
for this Cause
Anyone can set up a fundraiser for this charity. It's quick. It's easy.
And it's free!