Jefferson Street Baptist Center exists to extend gospel-centered mercy to the homeless and hurting of the greater Louisville, KY area.
Visit our website at http://jeffersonstreet.org to learn more.
Since 1881, JSBC has been caring for people battling homelessness in Kentuckiana. Your donation brings food, shelter and solutions to real people in real need!
- JSBC serves over 275 people each day through our various programs.
- Over 3,200 people in the Kentuckiana area use JSBC as a mailing address.
- JSBC is the only place in Louisville where people store their belongings for free. We currently store over 375 pieces of luggage for people who are homeless.
- JSBC is the only free laundry facility in the city. JSBC provides over 11,000 loads of laundry per year.
- JSBC provides over 16,000 toiletry kits and showers per year.
- Residents in our LifeChange program complete over 375 hours of class time and 375 hours of job training before graduating.
- JSBC is currently expanding our housing to accommodate a total of 45 residents participating in one of our recovery programs.
OUR MISSION: Community. Transformation. Christ.
Community: We have been designed by God for community. When creating the world, God called everything “good”, except when man was alone, which he called “not good”. He created us to have community with Him and community with other people. We seek to foster community that is transparent, enriching, honest, supportive, and that walks with God.
Transformation: God desires to do more than simply relieve someone’s discomfort and pain. God desires more than just better life skills for us. God desires to transform us, to make us new people. When someone arrives at JSBC, their life has usually become unmanageable. Often, God uses this place of brokenness to transform both the hearts and actions of the people that come through our doors.
Christ: Only Jesus Christ can bring eternal change. Christ is our source of hope – hope that He knows what is best for us, hope that things will get better, hope that our sins are forgiven, and hope that He has set us free and will bring us into a new life with Him. Christ is the sole source of all good things and all eternal hope.