Homeward Bound of Marin has launched a nonprofit IPO and Warren Buffett purchased the first "fundraising share." Will you join him?
Welcome to the launch of our nonprofit IPO!
This IPO is the brainchild of our nonprofit in Marin County, California, called Homeward Bound of Marin, where we do things a little differently.
We realized that the for-profit IPO model (an Initial Public Offering of shares) essentially is a way to raise funds, so we are replicating this concept with a subtle difference.
Our nonprofit IPO is an “Immediate Public Opportunity ...to end homelessness” by purchasing fundraising shares and helping to create a model for affordable green housing for the future.
This nonprofit IPO gives you the chance to take stock in forward-thinking solutions and to invest in people.
The returns on investment aren’t financial -- they’re human, with significant long-lasting value for the whole community.
Warren Buffett purchased the initial fundraising share for $50. Now you can be part of this unique shareholder club and invest at the same level as Warren Buffett...or higher. Now, it's not often you can say that!
All funds raised will help build Oma Village, Homeward Bound’s vision for transformative housing for families working their way out of homelessness.
Building on the success of our Next Key Apartments in Novato, California, developed by investors like you, we want to create small, beautiful, energy-efficient homes for families.
We know, based on our own experience and nationwide research, that safe, long-term supportive housing works. People become more self-sufficient, more entrepreneurial, and more integral to the neighborhoods where they live. Children begin to thrive in school, in clubs and on sports teams; parents begin to build assets for their families.
Stockholders, Meet Keyholders!
Here’s how it works. Once we have enough investors to build Oma Village, 14 formerly homeless working families will move in and develop their growth potential. With a stable home, they can focus on increasing their family income and enhancing their own futures as well as their children's educational horizons.
What is my Return on Investment?
Your purchase will bring unique returns that include:
• 14 rental homes affordable to homeless families entering the job market.
• A community space with computer lab and homework club for kids and a staff office.
• Invitations to on-site “open house” days.
• A share certificate to display in your office, home, or classroom.
• Acknowledgement that your investment is fully tax-deductible.
• An Annual Shareholder Report documenting progress of Oma Village residents and program outcomes.
• An exclusive invitation to the Annual Shareholder Meeting, where you’ll meet some of the people who embody your return on investment.
• A modern, green village of affordable homes that will be a model for other communities.
• An opportunity to end the cycle of poverty and homelessness for children and families.
Please note: All funds raised during this nonprofit IPO are tax-deductible and will be used to build Oma Village in Novato, California. Stockholders do not actually own stock or shares in the nonprofit public charity “Homeward Bound of Marin” or any of its assets. These fundraising shares simply offer shareholders an opportunity to “take stock in their community.”
Join the Conversation
for this Cause
Anyone can set up a fundraiser for this charity. It's quick. It's easy.
And it's free!