Donate to Save Lives and PREVENT Colon Cancer!
Will you make a donation today to save lives by providing essential medical care?
Below is the story of 13 year old Henry, one of ~350,000 people living in the U.S. with a hereditary predisposition towards colorectal cancer. Like many patients who contact our organization, his family is unable to afford the ideal treatment he needs. We can’t even imagine being faced with the impossible financial choices many of our patients (and parents) face!
- Pain medicine OR groceries for my family?
- Move in with in-laws or get buried in medical debt?
- Medicine to kill my cancer OR pay mortgage to prevent homelessness?
- High-risk procedure from less experienced doctor OR seek care from an expert, not covered by insurance?
In 2007, at 6 years old, Henry was diagnosed with colon cancer and a hereditary syndrome. He survived colon surgery but is now at 13 in dire need of another surgery to remove new polyps that have a 100% chance of becoming cancerous. The problem is that his insurance will only cover what his local, inexperienced doctor is recommending: an invasive, high-risk, open operation calling for removal of his gall bladder, bile duct and parts of his pancreas, small intestine and stomach. His parents, eager to see him live into adulthood, want him to go to the center of excellence that is recommending an advanced, highly effective laparoscopic procedure. Like many others, his famliy can't afford the latter procedure. At 13, Henry certainly deserves an opportunity for the better quality of life the less-invasive procedure can offer him.
Your donation today will allow us to:
1. Support patients like Henry through direct-to-patient grants.
2. Provide best practice training to providers throughout North America.
Please donate today... Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
Travis Bray, PhD, Previvor and President
Shawnie Bray, Caregiver and Vice President
Hereditary Colon Cancer Foundation
p.s. Since last year's Live PC Give PC event...
- Over 7000 patients and medical professionals visited our website, accessing over 29,000 pages of content
- We provided education to over 200 medical professionals on how to care for patients with a hereditary colon cancer syndrome
- We developed the only pilot study examining the relationship between nutrition and quality of life for patients without a colon
- Our educational webinars for patients and medical professionals have been viewed over 1000x
Donate today to help support the Hereditary Colon Cancer Community.
Join the Conversation
for this Cause
Anyone can set up a fundraiser for this charity. It's quick. It's easy.
And it's free!