Our mission is to inspire Americans to protect wildlife for our children's future.
Imagine what we could accomplish if everyone in Anne Arundel County came together in one 24-hour period to give to their favorite local charity.
The National Wildlife Federation (NWF) has been promoting habitat restoration in urban and suburban backyards, businesses, schools, places of worship and other settings for forty years through our Certified Wildlife Habitat program. To date, NWF has certified over 160,000 habitats nationwide.
Sponsoring Certified Wildlife Habitats (CWH) can provide:
- Food, cover, water, and places to raise young for animals
- Reduce or eliminate chemical fertilizers and pesticides
- Assist in conserving water, installing rain gardens and rain barrels, installing native plants and removing invasive plants
Governor Martin O’Malley and First Lady Katie O’Malley certified the Governor’s Mansion and helped launch the initiative in Annapolis last year.
Through this program in Anne Arundel County, we would like to accomplish:
- Initiating a CWH “ring around the Bay”
- Certify enough homes, parks, and schools for Annapolis to reach certification
- Get children involved in sustainable practices through our partnership with the City of Annapolis
- Compel individuals to make changes in their own yards by transforming habitats and evolving their gardening practices
More informed decisions by individual homeowners will positively, and collectively, impact the health of local waterways and the Chesapeake Bay. Do your part to help restore the Chesapeake by donating to help Annapolis become the first Certified City around the Bay.
Join the Conversation
for this Cause
Anyone can set up a fundraiser for this charity. It's quick. It's easy.
And it's free!