Enjoy your coffee a little more: support Grounds for Health this #GivingTuesday.
While there's Black Friday and Cyber Monday, #GivingTuesday is your opportunity to improve the lives of women who play a part in your daily routine: the women who pick and sort the coffee you drink.
Grounds for Health works with coffee-growing communities to establish sustainable cervical cancer prevention programs in Latin America and Africa.
Too many women lose their lives to this 100% preventable disease. But there’s great news: the world has the tools and knowledge to end this major killer of women.
For the cost of a $2.50 cup of coffee, you could buy the supplies to screen and treat 10 women.
But our mission goes beyond just supplies. By transferring skills and involving local communities every step of the way, our goal is systemic change so that no woman dies from cervical cancer.
The time is right to make a difference. By donating to Grounds for Health, you support access to cervical cancer prevention and early treatment for women who are the economic engine of the coffee industry and much of the developing world. By helping these women, you help everyone.
And your coffee will taste that much better.
Who's Getting Involved:
- TCI Coffee Roasters in the Turks & Caicos Islands will be donating profits from a special roast.
- Discern Marketing will match the first $250 raised online for #GivingTuesday, doubling each donation!
- The North Branch Cafe in Montpelier, Vermont will donate 10% of proceeds from non-alcoholic beverages and food during an event from 6-7:30pm on #GivingTuesday.
- Muddy Waters Cafe in Burlington, Vermont will donate 10% of sales on December 3.
- Dean's Beans Organic Coffee will match the money raised by Muddy Waters.
#GivingTuesday is a unique nationwide effort on December 3rd, where charities, families, businesses and individuals come together to transform how people think about, talk about and participate in the giving season.
Join the Conversation
for this Cause
Anyone can set up a fundraiser for this charity. It's quick. It's easy.
And it's free!