GBM is a multifaith, multiracial organization heeding the faithful call to serve people, build community and pursue justice.
At GBM, justice is our guiding thread. We are led to serve our neighbors in need and to partner with them to build supportive, engaged community.
Our current areas of focus are building broad and deep support for a reliable, sustainable public transit system and leading the faithful pushback against Alabama's unjust immigration law.
- In 2011, Mayor Bell credited GBM with "making me do the right thing" in reversing proposed transit funding and route cuts.
- We have partnered with faith communities and organizations around the state to hold rallies, marches and congressional hearings to lift up the voices of people who oppose HB56.
- We provide food, clothing and assistance with utilities and rent.
- We continue to bring together the poor and non-poor in our community to identify and address the barriers that keep people in poverty and to acknowledge and celebrate both our common dreams and the richness of our diversity.
- We are a safe and welcoming space for everyone in our community.
Birmingham, Fairfield, Hoover, Bessemer, Brighton, Lipscomb, Pleasant Grove, Homewood, Vestavia, Mountain Brook, Midfield, Gardendale, Fultondale, Trussville, Irondale, Pelham
35234, 35211, 35208, 35064, 35203, 35205, 35222, 35209, 35022, 35020, 35231, 35218, 35209, 35226, 35213, 35401, 35048, 35126, 35124, 35210, 35204, 35217, 35242
hunger, food, clothes, clothing, utilities, assistance, power, electric, gas, water, justice, transit, immigration, service, volunteer, human rights, civil rights, civic engagement, voter registration, interfaith
Join the Conversation
for this Cause
Anyone can set up a fundraiser for this charity. It's quick. It's easy.
And it's free!