THE WHAT: Every year Hanno's world travelers donate a 10 piece computer lab to a local Ghanian school. This year they need our help.
THE HOW: We'll Chip In!
Continuing the tradition and donating a 10 piece computer lab on this year's trip will cost $2500.
If you add in the fees charged by this site - we only need to raise $2575 to put 10 computers in the hands of Ghanian students.
A single computer can serve as a gateway to a world of learning and progress for several individuals - so this gift of 10 truly has the potential for impact.
So whether you are a friend of the program or a program alum, I hope you'll take this opportunity to be a part of this year's Ghana trip!
THE WHY: We've all got a reason!
I'm chipping in because even though it was four years ago that I sat on that plane to Accra, the memories of my few days in Ghana are still some of the most vivid recollections of my undergraduate experience.
In those few days I learned:
- that teaching was freaking hard, and I had a new found respect for anyone that had ever taught me.
- that regardless of their age, race, background, likes or language, making friendships with people is as easy as you allow it to be.
- that as a young college student, I actually had something valuable to offer to others, even those who were older than me.
- that sometimes you have to give up opportunities of a lifetime to go home to people you love.
- that knowledge is one of the most powerful gifts you could give to anyone.
- that eating in smaller plates really does make you feel full faster!! :)
WHY YOU? A little help from everyone can go a long way!
Whether you look back upon Ghana as the best trip of your life, or just that trip you took to get away from the Boston winter - I'm certain there were things you learned about yourself, about others, or about the world.
To say thanks for those one, three, or twenty things you learned - please contribute a little something to keep alive the tradition of the trip's computer lab donation.
If you are a friend of the program who supports the trip and Hanno's hard work, we hope you will join in with all the alumni as we give a little money, and leave a little love with a shout out to Hanno or comment to share learnings from Ghana!
THE FUTURE: Your feedback
What if we all pitched in a little every year to fund the computer lab - and it was an alumni project? There's enough of us that is everyone did a little, we could really have a sustainable measureable impact. Thoughts? Leave a comment below.
Whether you helped put up this site or contributed to our fund today, thank you for your support!!
Manasi | Ugrad - Class of '09
contact me @ email@example.com