Connecting people to place and to one-another by cultivating gardens and celebrating the arts.
Gardens for Humanity awakens and tends the gardens of the human spirit by teaching and celebrating our connection to nature, local agriculture, art and community while promoting an ecologically sustainable and more humane culture.
To accomplish our mission we strive to assist home, school and community gardens and to organize events that promote gardening, ecological education, food security, and artistic expression.
Founded in 1996, Gardens for Humanity has worked for ecological education to help give our children and all members of our community the values, tools and experiences needed to seek and regain balance with the natural world.
This past year Gardens for Humanity has planted many seeds that we are nurturing to fruition. As we move forward we invite you to participate through volunteering and donating to our projects.
Our current projects include:
- The Spring Planting Festival
- Greening Harmony - Home and Community Garden Project
- Celebrating the Art in Earth - Art and Environmental Education
- Earth Cups - Annual Art and Fundraising Event
- Assisting and sustaining school gardens
- Developing and providing teacher training
- Supporting Community Gardens
- Developing garden workshops
- Improving and maintaining public garden projects
- Collaborating with regional nonprofits to create a secure local food system
At the heart of our task is education to help bring a sustainable community into being, to give our children and all members of our community the values, tools, understanding, leadership skills, and experiences we need to seek and regain balance with the natural world.
Join the Conversation
for this Cause
Anyone can set up a fundraiser for this charity. It's quick. It's easy.
And it's free!