A project of Minnesota Private College Fund
Scholarships awarded to students who are studying the STEM disciplines: science, technology, engineering and mathematics
The Galileo Scholarship Fund was created to support students with financial need who are studying the STEM disciplines: Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
Minnesota’s Private Colleges are proud that we award:
- 49 percent of all physical science degrees
- 42 percent of all mathematics degrees
- 38 percent of all health profession degrees
- 38 percent of all biological and biomedical science degrees
When looking at all of the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) disciplines, our institutions award 28 percent of bachelor’s degrees and 26 percent of master’s degrees in the state.
14 of our colleges also partner with the University of Minnesota’s dual degree program in engineering.
In today’s global economy, the state of Minnesota’s prosperity requires a foundation of individuals well prepared to innovate in the quantitative and technical fields:
- Our economic forecast projects a 20-33 percent increase in scientific and technical occupations in the next ten years.
- New growth in the professional and high-tech industries will demand an extra 10,500 college graduates per year.
The Minnesota Private College Fund Pooled Scholarships were established to address emerging and growing scholarship needs.
These scholarships are awarded directly through campus financial aid offices to recipients who meet the scholarship’s designated criteria.
Pooled scholarships are sponsored by a collective of donors who contribute at varying levels to create the scholarship fund pool.
Scholarship gifts allow Minnesota’s private colleges to build strong financial aid packages for students with demonstrated financial need as well as those historically underrepresented in higher education.