Windcall helps community and labor organizers be resilient, practice transformative leadership, & improve the vitality of social movements.
If you've been organizing for years, you can reach a moment when stepping back from the work can be the VERY best thing you can do for it. I was one of those organizers in 2011 when I was awarded a Windcall Residency. It was an amazing and transformative experience for me that I think every organizer should have.
That's why I'm hoping you'll give to Windcall, especially since three donors are matching every dollar given by Saturday, December 8th, up to $13,000.
When I went to Windcall, I was preparing to start the Restaurant Center of Philadelphia. I was awarded a Windcall Residency for 3 weeks with 2 other organizers. In the Hood Canal in Washington State, I:
1. Reconnected with the values carry me forward as I work on helping restaurant workers improve their work lives.
2. Re-energized so I could stay strong and resilient as an organizer long past my Residency.
3. Came to understand that movements are only as good as the resiliency and the vision of those within them. I get it now for myself and for everyone I work with.
Windcall is there for organizers of color, organizers working in low-income communities, and organizers working under all kinds of conditions all over the country. The team we need to be strong and effective to power change. Windcall has plans to grow:
* Build out the current program to be a full six-month Residency and Coaching Program, with tools to support organizers moving ahead in new ways after the transformative experience of their Residencies.
* Develop the Resilient Movements Program to inspire resiliency and transformative leadership practices throughout our movements.
Check out Windcall at www.windcall.org but most of all, please give and help us meet our match by December 8th.