Catalyst Celebrates 15 Years of Dancemaking with a Preview Party and Benefit Sunday September 29, 3 - 7pm at Northrop Plaza
We are celebrating 15 years of making performance work with a SHORE preview party and benefit.
SHORE is Emily Johnson / Catalyst's new performance project, the third part of the Trilogy of works that began with The Thank-you Bar and continued with Niicugni. It will premiere at Northrop Auditorium next June. SHORE will be a multi-day performance installation of dance, story, volunteerism, and feasting. It will be a celebration of the place where we meet and merge - land and water, performer and audience, art and community, past, present, and future.
Help us raise $20, 000 to create this work!
Come to the SHORE preview party and benefit, celebrate with us and help us make SHORE possible.
- Preview performance excerpt of SHORE! Performed by: Yumi Inomata, Patience Stellmach, Britta Maddox, Lana Shtilman, Ben Weaver, Brita Peterson, Betsy Gaasedelen, Paige Haroldson, Andrea Zimmerman, Kathleen Pender, Megan Mayer, Gabe Anderson, Emma Barber, Allison Holland, Ashley Akpaka, Jay Bad Heart Bull, and the Anonymous Choir: Karen Townsend, Alyssa Hill, Anna Nielsen, Crystal Myslajek, Lucy Geach, Megan Gramlow, Andy McInnis, Lindsay Noble, Maggie McCaffrey, Laura Robards Gantenbeim, Andrew Thomas O'Loughlin Jansen, Lisa Myslajek, Aila O'Loughlin, Laurel Winter
- Music Performances from 15 years of Catalyst collaborations including The Anonymous Choir, Olivia Vang Thanadabout, Rhoda Reighard, The Grave Trio with Toby Thomas Churchill, and a super rare reunion by Lateduster!
- Reading by Jay Bad Heart Bull
- Curated Silent auction including art by Andrea Carlson and Jim Denomie, tickets and membership to the Walker Art Center, gift basket from Birchbark Books, yoga memberships, private pilates sessions, guitar lessons, fish skin lanterns made by Emily Johnson, plus more
- A Catalyst photo, print, and video archive
- Special Guests
-Limited edition posters and screen printed totes for sale
- Complimentary beer, wine and hors d'oeuvres
Thank you to our major sponsors Bryant Lake Bowl and Harriet Brewing!
Sunday September 29
3 - 7pm
Northrop Plaza: 84 Church St. SE, Minneapolis (on the U of M Campus)
Your donation puts you on the list for the party!
Link to venue: http://www.northrop.umn.edu/visit/venues/northrop-plaza
**Except for a small administration fee taken by GiveMN and our fiscal agent SPRINGBOARD for the arts, ALL of your donation goes directly to support SHORE!
THIS IS A ZERO WASTE EVENT, thank you Bryant Lake Bowl for helping us make it so!