A fresh approach to ending hunger through access to healthy food
The Mobile Lunch Box fills a meal gap in the summer—feeding hungry children who rely on free and reduced breakfast and lunch when at school. Beginning this summer, the Mobile Lunch Box will roll into neighborhoods with healthy, bagged lunches filled with whole fruit, vegetables, yogurt parfaits, and lean meats on whole grain breads for school-aged children who may not have access to healthy food. Partnering local churches, community organizations, and businesses will volunteer at summer lunch sites and engage the children in reading, physical fitness, gardening, and creative activities.
Here is how your gift can help:
• Purchase, decorate, and retro fit the Mobile Lunchbox bus with cafeteria-style seating (one-time cost)
• Provide 1,500 healthy, bagged lunches
• Supply each child with an additional bag of healthy, nutritious food each week to take home for themselves and their family, a total of 7,500 meals throughout the summer!
• Deliver fun and educational enrichment activities for kids
• Provide healthy food support to over 5,000 individuals each month
The Open Door is a 501(c )3 organization. Your donation is tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.