Offering embodied spiritual inquiry through practice, service, and community connection.
Our first Summer Movement Monastery at Ravenrock was brilliant! Thank you, Dancemeditation Community, for the generous support! Join us today to complete our beautiful Barn, fully supporting this exquisite practice and Path.
Our goal is $20,000 to complete:
- the Dancemeditation Hall (insulation, plastering, and doors)
- sealed Entry Door and South Side doors
- 3 Cabins (1 for tent storage & 2 for retreat living)
- additional composting toilets & wash stations
We'd love to be your favorite spiritual garden. Please consider a monthly tithing. (At the bottom on the right you can select that a monthly or annual contribution be automatically given.)
A Bit about Ravenrock
“Wilderness holds the answers to more questions than we know how to ask.” – Nancy Newhall, This is the American Earth
Now, more than ever, we need time to kiss nature and to be kissed by nature. The Dervish Dancemeditation community engages a crucial new level of seeking. At Ravenrock, 160 acres of high desert terrain in Northeastern New Mexico, practitioners leave frenetic modern life to continue our rich spiritual practice in the remote quiet offered to us by magnificent Ponderosa forest, 100-mile vista of uninhabited canyon, and ancient rock rim. (For more about Raverock, visit dancemeditation.org.)
Our larger objective of $250,000 includes funds for purchase of additional adjacent land for community retreat, to be custodial of wilderness, and to endow the property for ongoing practice continuity.
- Porch The 15 X 24 foot porch is complete. It was our outdoor summer kitchen, and hangout to enjoy the spacious view of Hermit’s Peak.
- Water Catchment Two additional water collection tanks with a capacity of 3000 gallons were added to the east side of the barn. Now both sides of the roof are able to collect water. Papercrete uses a lot of water so the rain that falls is getting used readily. But we have plenty of water. The winter snow melt will top off all the tanks and give us 6000 gallons.
- The Croft The adjacent Croft, also 15 X 24, is complete. The Croft is fully insulated, with water in and out, as well as propane cook stove and countertops. During retreat, it serves as a cool summer lounge and kitchen storage.
The Dervish Society of America is dedicated to the path of evolutionary Sufism. DSA provides programs and opportunities for personal development, exploratory inquiry into embodied spirituality, and community connection through practice, service, and performance.