Offering embodied spiritual inquiry through practice, service, and community connection.
We are so close to completing the Barn at Ravenrock. Contribute today!!!
Our goal: $15,000
Deadline: December 31, 2014
What do we need to do?
– plaster interior Meditation Barn walls
– install glass South Barn Door
– East side slab porch & door
- crucial berming & swailing on Barn's east side
Our first Summer Movement Monastery at Ravenrock was wonderful. Ravenrock truly is a haven to unveil our souls' sensations. Now that it has been 'tested' by a seasoned group of practitioners, and once we have completed the Barn, we will be welcoming all qualified applicants. (More about this at dancemeditation.org.)
We'd love to be your favorite spiritual garden. Please consider a monthly tithing. (At the bottom on the right you can select that a monthly or annual contribution be automatically given.)
A Bit about Ravenrock
“Wilderness holds the answers to more questions than we know how to ask.” – Nancy Newhall, This is the American Earth
Now, more than ever, we need time to kiss nature and to be kissed by nature. The Dervish Dancemeditation community engages a crucial new level of seeking. At Ravenrock, 160 acres of high desert terrain in Northeastern New Mexico, practitioners leave frenetic modern life to continue our rich spiritual practice in the remote quiet offered to us by magnificent Ponderosa forest, 100-mile vista of uninhabited canyon, and ancient rock rim. (For more about Raverock, visit dancemeditation.org.)
Our larger objective of $250,000 includes funds for purchase of additional adjacent land for community retreat, to be custodial of wilderness, and to endow the property for ongoing practice continuity.
- Barn The raw plank ceiling is complete. The walls are fully insulated. Plastering is halfway done.
- Porch The 15 X 24 foot porch is complete. It was our outdoor summer kitchen, and hangout to enjoy the spacious view of Hermit’s Peak.
- Water Catchment Two additional water collection tanks with a capacity of 3000 gallons were added to the east side of the barn. Now both sides of the roof are able to collect water. Papercrete uses a lot of water so the rain that falls is getting used readily. But we have plenty of water. The winter snow melt will top off all the tanks and give us 6000 gallons.
- The Croft The adjacent Croft, also 15 X 24, is complete. The Croft is fully insulated, with water in and out, as well as propane cook stove and countertops. During retreat, it serves as a cool summer lounge and kitchen storage.
The Dervish Society of America is dedicated to the path of evolutionary Sufism. DSA provides programs and opportunities for personal development, exploratory inquiry into embodied spirituality, and community connection through practice, service, and performance.
Join the Conversation
for this Cause
Anyone can set up a fundraiser for this charity. It's quick. It's easy.
And it's free!