DCAP provides care for those living with HIV, while educating our community to raise awareness and stop the spread of HIV/AIDS.
DCAP AIDS WALK 2012
For 20 years, the DCAP-sponsored AIDS Walks in Lawrence have raised AIDS awareness, provided HIV prevention education, and most of all, provided a venue for people in our community to come together in support for those who are infected/affected by HIV/AIDS.
After a two year hiatus we are bringing back the DCAP AIDS Walk, one of our main fundraising events, which is set to take place September 29, 2012. This year we plan to be bigger and better than ever. Our theme this year is Step Up! To End AIDS. Together we can make a real difference in the lives of the many people impacted by HIV/AIDS in our area.
How it works: Each walker solicits donations for DCAP before the event. With a minimum donation of $25 the walkers receive a brunch at Maceli’s. The real fundraising takes place when participants solicit donations from their friends, family, and co-workers. The fundraising really heats up when teams and individual walkers compete to raise the highest amounts in their categories. Prizes are donated by community businesses for those individuals and teams who raise the most funds for DCAP.
This event not only raises awareness of AIDS – it also works as an effective fundraiser for DCAP’s programs. To get started and create a fundraising team:
1. Go to http://www.razoo.com/team/Dcap-Aids-Walk-2012 and click Fundraise on the right of the screen.
2. Make sure it says DOUGLAS COUNTY AIDS PROJECT INC in the first space where it says the specific cause you want to fundraise for.
3. The box where it asks for the Fundraiser Name is where you want to enter your team name (e.g. Joe’s Walk Team)
4. Once your team is created you will see a side menu that allows you to customize your fundraising page with the following options:
5. Remember your team's fundraising page URL so you can direct your team members and donors to your page. This is important, because you want all the money your team raises to actually go toward your team’s total at the end.
6. The “Share It With Others” option is particularly useful, as it includes a number of ways to reach out to your network of friends, family, and co-workers.
If you have any questions at all, please contact Leah Charles, and do not hesitate!