Cycles for Change works to educate and empower people to use bicycles as transportation.
With your support in 2013, Cycles for Change can continue our many community bike programs, including:
- Our Junior Mechanics program, where youth can learn bike maintenance and fix up a bike to keep for themselves in the process; we’re strengthening our partnership with the St. Paul Public Schools and offering accredited classes in bike maintenance and physical education;
- An expanded Youth Apprenticeship program with 10 youth and providing year round employment for youth to work in our shop, learn bike repair skills, think critically about bike and transportation systems, and help co-teach classes for youth and adults;
- Community Partners Bike Library, providing 275 bicycles for 6-month loan to low-income and under-served community members through out 19 different partner organizations in Minneapolis and St. Paul
- Free Open Shop, offering tools, space, and expert assistance in bicycle repair year-round;
- New Learn to Ride programs including a start-up Bike School!
As a grassroots, community-led non-profit organization working to build a bicycling movement in the Twin Cities, we rely on acts of generosity and kindness for our organization to survive and thrive. Thank you for your interest in Cycles for Change!
Join the Conversation
for this Cause
Anyone can set up a fundraiser for this charity. It's quick. It's easy.
And it's free!