Our Bodies Ourselves is celebrating the 40th anniversary of the original "Our Bodies, Ourselves" publication. Join us!
Our Bodies Ourselves is a nonprofit, public interest women’s health education, advocacy, and consulting organization. Beginning in 1971 with the publication of the first edition of "Our Bodies, Ourselves," OBOS has inspired the women’s health movement by ensuring access to accurate health and medical information.
Here's what our small staff is up to:
* Working with hundreds of contributors, we produced the ninth edition of "Our Bodies, Ourselves" in 2011 -- a completely revised and updated edition -- and now we're spreading the word, getting the book to younger women and health clinics.
* We're providing technical assistance and support to women's groups around the world who are translating and adapting "Our Bodies, Ourselves" for their own countries. A joint project involving women in Israel and Palestine launched in October 2011.
* We're communicating the latest medical research and political issues affecting women's health at Our Bodies, Our Blog and via social networks.
* We're advocating for midwives and evidence-based maternity care, speaking before legislatures and and in the media.
* Executive Director Judy Norsigian is touring college campuses, discussing the risks and safety of procedures such as breast implants and egg donation.
Make a tax-deductible donation today to help kick off the next chapter in OBOS history. Thank you for your support!