CNCS can provide stability assistance to residents of Atkinson experiencing crisis situation & who meet income & other qualifications.
We are a community action agency that was created in 1965 as a result of President Johnson’s Economic Opportunity Act. CNCS specializes in bringing resources totaling more than $11.6 million into the 22,985 square miles of our service area. CNCS addresses the needs of 15,000 unduplicated persons in North Central Nebraska through our programs and services.
Programs and services we offer
* Community Economic Development:
Community Economic Development provides economic growth opportunities, job creations, and affordable living environments for families in rural communities.
* Early Childhood programs:
The Early Childhood programs promote children’s physical, social, emotional and cognitive development while assisting the entire family in their efforts to reach economic self-sufficiency.
* Family Outreach:
Family Outreach provides assistance during crisis, linkage to resources, advocacy for services, financial counseling, and goal attainment.
* Health & Nutrition:
Health and Nutrition fosters the healthy lifestyles of Central Nebraskans through health promotion, prevention, and education.
Some of the services we offer include:
* Car Seat Program
* Commodity Supplemental Food Program
* Community Assessment
* Community Housing Development
* Emergency Assistance
* Every Woman Matters
* Head Start/Early Head Start
* HOPE Case Management Immunizations
* Project THRIVES (Transitional Housing for Rural Independence, Viability and Economic Stability)
* Weatherization Assistance
* WIC (Women, Infants & Children)
Contact the CNCS office nearest you for more information:
* O’Neill – (402) 336-4298 ext.26
Join the Conversation
for this Cause
Anyone can set up a fundraiser for this charity. It's quick. It's easy.
And it's free!