Please donate and help 9Marks promote healthy churches!
What makes a church healthy? How can anyone actually know?
I joined Capitol Hill Baptist Church in January 2008. Little did I know beforehand how much I needed to be a member of a local church body! Through the teaching in the membership courses, I learned what the Bible says about church membership. It's the first time I had heard of the need for accountability in a Christian's life - and oh how my soul craved it! It made complete sense to me. And wouldn't you know it, church membership is one of the 9Marks of a Healthy Church !
Here are the 9Marks in total. Not an exhaustive list by any means, but important things to look for and help support in local churches.
3. A Biblical Understanding of the Good News
4. A Biblical Understanding of Conversion
5. A Biblical Understanding of Evangelism
6. Biblical Church Membership
7. Biblical Church Discipline
8. Biblical Discipleship and Growth
9. Biblical Church Leadership